Thursday, April 2, 2009

Back in business again

After a considerable break I am back and will try to do this on a regular basis (weekly hopefully).

First things first.  The excuses.  The reason why I have been blogless recently is due to the phone.  I have swapped mobiles and although the new phone (HTC Touch Diamond) is a cracking phone - it does not blog like the Sony Ericsson did.  So the blogging slowed and eventually stopped.
So what's with the new car?  The Ford Mondeo ST TDCI is a great car, just not a great car for me.  Having swapped the Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec B Sports Tourer (a truly wicked car!) for the ST TDCI after a few months there were 2 problems.  The first was that there was a problem with the drivers seat which was meaning that I could only sit in it for about 15 mins.  After this length of time it became VERY uncomfortable for me.  The solutions were temporarily a small cushion to sit upon, getting a new carseat or new car.  The second problem was diesel - I just couldn't do it!  The noise, the smell, the unrefined driving - just not for me!  Sorry
So what's with the new car?  The Ford Mondeo ST220 is a truly great car, just the right car for me.  The motor is much more refined than the diesel and the noise is fabulous.  The recaro seats are great, I am finally content with my car.  It has enough space, pace and grace for the whole family.

Just for the record....
Nov 06 Jaguar X Type 3.0 Sport
April 08 Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec B Sport Tourer
October 08 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
March 09 Ford Mondeo ST220

No comments: